Registration & Payment
Submit the Registration Form and make full payment upon receiving your invoice, in which the detailed fees charged by Mandarin House are listed.
Passport & Visa
You are responsible for a valid passport, visa, medical and travel insurance to cover your stay period.
Course Terms & Conditions
- 1 lesson lasts 50 minutes.
- Maximum is 10 students per group, average 5. If a group has 2 or less participant, Mandarin House reserves the right to reduce each lesson from 50 minutes to 30 minutes.
- If you cannot attend a group lesson on schedule, Mandarin House will not arrange for a make-up lesson.
- You are required to inform Mandarin House in writing of any absences or changes 1 working day before your private lesson. If prior written notice is not received, 1 lesson will be deducted from your timetable, as if the lesson had been used.
- All courses must finish within one year from their starting dates. Students that fail to complete their courses within one year will be deemed to waive their remaining lessons and no lesson transfer or refund will be available.
- In order to ensure the quality of your study, Mandarin House reserves the right to adjust the study location and the teaching approaches by a prior notice.
- The course registration fee is non-refundable.
- A cancellation fee of 1000rmb will be retained.
- Tuition is refundable in full for those who cancel 4 weeks or more before their intended start date, 2 week before 50%, less than 2 week 20%. Refunds will be made to the person or agency that paid. Students who have paid for their tuition through agents must apply to that agency for a refund.
- No tuition refunds will be made after courses begin.
- If you want to change course arrangements after start, you must give Madnarin House a written notice two weeks in advance. Change is not guaranteed and will only be made upon availability. Course change fee is 500rmb.
Accommodation Terms & Conditions
- Participant should arrive on Sunday after 12pm and depart on Saturday before 12pm.
- Accommodation is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed for students beyond the dates of their course.
- The accommodation placement fee is non-refundable.
- A cancellation fee of 2000rmb will be retained.
- Accommodation fees are refundable in full for those who cancel four weeks or more before their intended start date, two weeks before 50%, less than two weeks 20%.
- If you want to cancel accommodation arrangements after arrival, you must give Mandarin House a written notice 4 weeks in adance. All fees paid for the remaining accommodation after these 4 weeks will be refunded.
- Refunds will be made to the person or agency that paid. Students who have paid for their accommodation through agents must apply to that agency for a refund.
- If you want to change accomodation arrangements after arrival, you must give Mandarin House a written notice two weeks in advance. Change is not guaranteed and will only be made upon availability. Accommodation change fee is 500rmb.
Your program may be disrupted by an unusual event or circumstances that Mandarin House could not reasonably have foreseen. If the unusual event is serious enough to significantly affect your program, we will try to arrange a suitable alternative if possible. We do not make any refunds in these situations and you will be responsible for any travel costs involved. We cannot accept liability for the effect of any unusual event or for any loss, damage, expense or claim of any disruption you suffer as a result.
Use of Photos and Comments
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree that we may use any photo(s)/image(s) we or someone on our behalf take of you or any comments (written or verbal) you make during or in connection with your stay for our promotional/marketing purposes (such as including them in our brochure/website) without obtaining your further specific permission or making any payment to you. Such use may include mentioning your name, nationality, etc.
You should lodge your complaint in writing within 5 working days of the incident, please view the Students Complaints Policy at http://www.mandarinhouse.cn/images/student_complaints_policy.pdf
Code of Conduct
All participants of Mandarin House programs are expected to adhere to proper conduct and obey to the instructions of Mandarin House. This covers, but is not limited to, respecting others' cultures and beliefs, respecting the accommodation and avoiding drugs and illegal activities. Participants will be removed from the program without a refund if they engage in illegal, violent or improper behavior. Participants are responsible for any and all damages they cause and must directly compensate the owner of the property involved.
Last updated: Mar/04/2011